In combination with traditional methods of treatment, doctors often recommend patients suffering from osteochondrosis to pay attention to alternative methods. In combination with drug therapy, manual therapy and exercise therapy, the treatment of osteochondrosis with folk remedies allows you to achieve impressive results in a short time!
Different ointments and rubs are used, compresses and lotions are made, wraps are made and herbal baths are made.
However, it should be understood that all these methods of treating osteochondrosis are auxiliary and are aimed solely at relieving symptoms. Therefore, it is not worth giving up the drug therapy, exercise and physical therapy prescribed by the doctor.
General principles of treatment
In order for the treatment of chondrosis with folk remedies to quickly bring results, it is necessary to adhere to the following principles:
- Avoid consuming large amounts of salt.
- Perform a set of exercises recommended by a physical therapist every day.
- Adhere to the principles of proper nutrition, limit the amount of sweets and fatty foods, consume more fresh vegetable and fruit juices, as well as meals rich in proteins.
Decoctions and infusions of medicinal herbs can significantly improve the patient's condition. It is important to consult a doctor before using such folk methods. In addition, you should monitor the absence of allergic reactions: many medicinal plants contain strong allergens.
Most often, the following medicinal plants are used for chondrosis:
- Sunflower. Sunflower roots have pronounced healing properties. To prepare a decoction for one course of treatment, you will need 7-8 cups of dried roots. It is necessary to prepare the medicine as follows: one glass of raw material is poured with three liters of water. The roots should be boiled for 5 minutes. The broth is then cooled. It is recommended to consume half a glass before meals.
- Fir cones. The raw materials must be collected in the summer. You will need about 30 medium-sized buds. One cone for the night should be poured with a glass of boiling water. The decoction is divided into two parts and taken in the morning and evening. The course of treatment lasts one month.
- Currant leaves. Preparation of the infusion is very simple: 0. 5 liters of boiling water are poured with 4-5 blackcurrant leaves at night. In the morning, the infusion should be filtered. The medicine should be taken within a day.
- Walnuts. Only walnuts from a new harvest are suitable for the treatment of osteochondrosis. 3 kilograms of nuts are cut and poured with 0. 5 liters of vodka. Infuse the medicine should be within 14 days. After that, the resulting liquid is filtered and taken one teaspoon per day.
- Fennel seeds. A glass of seeds should be filled with half a liter of vodka. It is necessary to insist the medicine for 7-10 days, after which it is taken one tablespoon per day.
- Bay leaf. This cheap and easy-to-prepare medicine effectively relieves the symptoms of osteochondrosis. About 5 grams of leaves should be boiled in 0. 5 liters of water for 5 minutes. The broth is then placed in a thermos and infused for 12 hours. Drink the medicine should be within three days. A week later, the course of treatment can be repeated.
Compresses have a local irritating and warming effect, which is why a quick cure from osteochondrosis is achieved.
All types of friction and compresses are used both to relieve acute pain in the cervical, thoracic or lumbar region of the back, and to prevent their occurrence.
One of the most commonly used folk remedies for the treatment of osteochondrosis is the so-called "grandmother's rub" for the spine. This method is quite simple and affordable, and at the same time very effective: after several procedures, most patients experience significant relief. That's whymany consider this method to be the best out there.
The composition of the rub includes 300 ml of alcohol, 10 ml of iodine, the same amount of camphor alcohol and 10 tablets of analgin. All liquid components used in this folk method are mixed, after which analgin is dissolved in them. The areas of the spine affected by osteochondrosis are rubbed with the mixture.
For patients who do not notice a significant relief of the symptoms of osteochondrosis after the use of drugs, including painkillers, a course of treatment is recommended. The recipe below assumes a course of 12 days.
It is necessary to prepare two mixtures.
The composition of the first mixture includes:
- 50 g of mustard powder;
- 50 ml of vodka and camphor alcohol;
- 3 beaten egg whites.
All components are thoroughly mixed. The mixture is poured into a dark container for 12 hours.
The second mixture consists of the following ingredients:
- 100 g of fresh natural honey;
- 150 ml of alcohol;
- 50 grams of aloe juice.
The components are also mixed and infused for 12 hours in a dark place.
The mixtures are used for therapeutic compresses. Compresses are applied to the affected area twice a day. Making a compress is very simple: the natural tissue must be soaked with a therapeutic composition, applied to the body and kept until completely dry.
The scheme for applying the mixtures is as follows: the first agent is used for three days, the second is used for the next three days. Thus, the compresses are alternated throughout the course. By the way, such therapeutic compresses are ideal for relieving pain in the hip and knee joints.
Folk remedies for quick relief of back pain
If you need to quickly get rid of the pain caused by osteochondrosis, you can use one of the following recipes:
- Honey-potato compress. One medium-sized potato is crushed thoroughly and mixed with an equal amount of honey. The mixture is applied to the fabric and applied to the affected area for 2 hours.
- Compress with kerosene. The cloth is soaked in kerosene and applied to the affected area, such as the neck or lower back, for 3 hours. To avoid evaporation of kerosene, the fabric is covered with cotton wool and polyethylene and fixed on the body with a bandage.
- Ginger and garlic. Ginger and garlic are crushed and mixed in equal parts. Add a small amount of warmed oil to the resulting mixture. The composition should be rubbed on the affected area in case of severe pain.
- Essential oils. Rubbing fir oil or menthol will help to quickly relieve the pain of osteochondrosis. This recipe should be used with caution: essential oils can cause a strong allergic reaction and skin irritation, as well as burns. To avoid unwanted effects, essential oils are pre-mixed with base vegetable oils (olive, sea buckthorn or sunflower).
Herbal teas and taxis
The result of the use of herbal preparations is not immediately noticeable, but their systematic use can significantly improve the patient's condition. In addition, the effect of such fees is quite long. However, before starting a course of treatment, it is necessary to carefully study all the contraindications of medicinal plants that are part of the fees and consult a doctor. Otherwise, the effect can be unpredictable.
Charges intended for the treatment of osteochondrosis are sold in pharmacies in ready form. You don't have to prepare them yourself, as each collection includes herbs in certain proportions.
The composition of the fees usually includes components such as mint, licorice, calendula, St. John's wort, chamomile, mountaineer, plantain and back pain.
Baths with herbal preparations not only relieve the condition of osteochondrosis, but also normalize the general condition of the patient. For one healing bath, 400 to 500 grams of dry raw materials are needed.
A bath can improve well-being in osteochondrosis. However, if you have diseases of the cardiovascular system, too hot baths should be avoided: the procedure has a strong effect on the heart.
Baths should be taken in courses lasting 5-7 days. Correct treatment will allow you to quickly forget about the pain and stiffness of movements.
Below are the most popular and effective bath recipes that relieve the condition of osteochondrosis:
- Based on birch leaves. The leaves should be collected in May. Dry raw materials are poured with boiling water, the resulting broth is poured into the bath. The duration of the procedure is half an hour.
- Chestnut tub. Chestnuts, pre-cut, should be boiled for a quarter of an hour.
- Bath with infusion of pine needles. Any needles are suitable: from fir, spruce, pine, etc. The needles should be boiled for 20 minutes and poured into a hot water bath. The duration of the procedure is 30 minutes.
- Chamomile bath. Chamomile flowers are steamed in boiling water for half an hour. The decoction is filtered and poured into a hot bath.
When using baths for women, it is important to remember that warming is contraindicated in inflammatory gynecological diseases. Therefore, before the course, it is important to visit a gynecologist.
Treatment with bee venom
Apitherapy (from the Latin word "apis" - bee) is a method of treatment based on the use of components contained in bee venom. During a bee sting, more than 50 substances enter the human body, which can have a therapeutic effect in osteochondrosis. The composition of bee venom includes fat, sterol, acetylcholine, glucose and a number of other components that alleviate the patient's condition, activate metabolism and relieve pain.
Bee venom is a medicine used by ancient healers to treat back pain. If you are afraid of stinging pain, you can use ointments that include propolis, beeswax, pollen and bee venom extract.
Bee venom has the following effects:
- pain reliever.
In addition, the poison stimulates the immune defense, strengthens the walls of blood vessels and enhances the metabolism. Thanks to apitherapy, muscle spasm can be relieved, thanks to which it is possible to eliminate the compression of nerve roots and blood vessels.
Attempting to relieve the symptoms of osteochondrosis with apitherapy at home is not safe: bee venom is a rather strong allergen. In addition, the course of treatment of the patient, especially in the elderly, should be developed individually, taking into account the state of health and the specifics of the course of the disease. It is better to entrust the treatment to a specialist and do not forget to get a preliminary consultation with a doctor!
You need to be smart about your back. Alternative treatment will only work if you first consult your doctor and are convinced that the medicine will not harm your health!